Sunday, September 18, 2005

Craigs List

There's a spot on TV about Craig's List - they showed Craig - the guy who started it - Craig Newmark (a nerd)  He started the list as a way to make friends - and it worked!  He's now on Times list of 100 most influential people.  Diversity of Options, finding everything - large advertising - community - business.  Although it's free - it has produced millions of dollars of commerce.   Of course I heard about it first from my daughter ;-)
    Homes filled with items from Craigs list - some paid for - some free. 
    Newmark has turned down huge sums of money to sell his list.  He clocks in 7 days a week - policing it for rip offs etc. (which have happened)  He's an innkeeper - it's his list & his place.   (What if you take the Craig out of Craig's list?)  E-bay & others are trying to be competitors.
    Some people have found dates for events on the list - and later their spouse.

5 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now's your opportunity to make friends with Craig, at a fundraiser in SF. Proceeds benefit Bay Area and Gulf area schools. It is on the 28th.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cross Family is having a garage sale this Saturday at 8:00am to 12:00 pm on 2/18/06. Clothing, some furniture, house wares. Our address is 6981 Wheatley street San Diego CA 92111

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cross family is going to cancel garage sale on 2/18/06 @ 6981 Wheatley Street SD CA 92111 due to the rain we will reschedule at a later time.
Thank You

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cross family is having a Garage sale on 2/25/06 this Saturday @ 6981 Wheatley Street San Diego CA 92111 at 7:00am items include clothes, household items, tools, books. We encourage everyone to come.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Craig,
I appreciate you and your web site. You are awesome in your drive and ambition to do something new and different. You are a creative computor super tech. I'm an Artist of sorts and enjoy the computor. But it would be easier for me to draw one at times than to use it! I've been trying to place an add to sell a car and a few other items. No deal. I can't find any place that simply allows me to list my items for sale. I know you are very busy, but if someow I could figure out how to list some items for sale I would. I must be a non-computor nerd. Its very frustrating. Thanks for Craig's list as I know millions love it. (including me) My son found a 2000 Toyota Tacoma in Chicago, checked it out and flew back and bought it. He drove it home and when he went to licence it he found out it was low booked at $4,700 more than he paid for it. Great deal for him. Thanks Craig. I think I will try once more to use your list and if I'm unseccessful I'm just go to the News Paper. jag/jack a gardner

 

Post a Comment

<< Home