Friday, February 25, 2005

PJ

There was just a big male cat in the back yard. We try to discourage them - so I said to PJ, the dog, (he was napping) very quietly - PJ there's a cat & I open the door. He was still half asleep but got up and charged out the door. Usually he just runs around barking and it takes him a while to see the cat. But he disappeared & he wasn't barking - so I thought I better go check it out.
He had the cat pinned at the front gate - well the cat was so fat it couldn't get
out or too scared to jump and PJ didn't know what to do with it - I'm not sure which creature was more in danger. I called PJ - he didn't want to come but was distracted long enough for the cat to flee over the fence.
Speaking of cats, did you hear about the Tiger that was loose in So. Cal.? They said they "had" to kill it. I really don't know why they couldn't have used a tranquilizer gun on it. I'm still bugged.

2 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sad about the tiger! PJ, what a smart dog. I like your stories. - yeah, it's me :)

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tiger story was so sad. They found the original owner and the cat had escaped weeks before, starting at approx 600 pounds and when he died he was 300 pounds. The owner never reported the missing cat, but was identified because of the individual stripes that matched pictures of the cat.

They had to kill the cat because the fear was the tranquilizer gun wouln't work fast enough, or they would miss and the tiger and in fear the tiger would charge the elementary school nearby and children would be killed.

Is there a spell check?

Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home